Friday, January 27, 2006

Best Week Ever?

I don't know, but being the man behind Steady Mobbin' was extra rewarding this week. I found the content I provided quite entertaining, so I imagine some of you liked it a good deal too. But, beyond that, lots of liveliness went down in the comments (if you haven't been spying on what other people have been saying then you've been missing out on 1/2 the fun here) and, as a super added bonus for me, various long (and short) lost amigos and conocidos revealed themselves to me to be patrons of this site. So that was great. For me.

Unfortunately, all I've got for you today are some inconsequential links.

Trailers

UltraViolet This movie looks like an irreconcilable combination of cheesey and awesome, cheap and flashy. Probably the movie Aeon Flux was supposed to be, this trailer has me intrigued because I can't tell if the movie is going to be awful or awesome from it.

Brick The impression I get from this trailer: This is a Thomas Pynchon story about teenagers. (But it isn't really) I either have to read this movie's script this weekend, or reread The Crying of Lot 49, I'm doubt the two will be all that different.

Just My Luck The Return of Lindsay Lohan. 3/4 of the way through the trailer you'll see the scene I spied being filmed last March.

Dave Chapelle's Block Party That Dave Chapelle, he's such a loveable rascal.

Not Trailers

Video Game Maps Do these bring back any memories? I'm especially especially fond of the Legend of Zelda overworld map. I never thought Hyrule could seem so small.

Giant Octopus Attacks Robot Sub Just reading this makes my toes curl. If you've ever asked yourself, "Brigham seems so brave, I wonder if he's afraid of anything?" The answer is "Yes, he fears underwater creatures."

Bringing the Mood Down Today's the 20th Anniversary of the Challenger Disaster. If you want to feel even worse about it than ever before, don't miss this report at MSNBC.

Ending on a High Note The Arctic Monkeys, literally. Make sure to look at all the pictures or you'll miss the orangutan and you don't want to miss the orangutan. See, I'll never leave you left bummed out and dwelling on astronauts.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This happened too...
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060126/ap_on_re_us/groundhog_handler


Broek

Side of Jeffrey said...

Brig - I feel bad about the Challenger because the government purposely destroyed it in order to alter our whether system to eventually cause tsunamis and hurricanes. That's what the guy at the post office told me.

Arctic Monkeys - do you think the band can skate as good as the monkey pictured? Tough call...

Side of Jeffrey said...

whether system? I think the government has altered my ability to be smart...

David said...

just my luck looks like oscar material if i've ever seen it.

when i was in nyc i saw a bali-wood film being put together. i'd like to be able to tell you which one that was, but they are all 7 hours long and have 13 plot lines with 42 subplots, so i'm not sure i could back track for you.