Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Best Thursday-Friday-Saturday-Sunday Photos

Mother Mom and Sister Emily came to New York for the weekend. They did lots of stuff (mostly walking) and I came along for plenty of it. Thursday night we had dinner at 24 Prince and then desserted at Rice to Riches (Mom's fourth visit and she finally made it to the infamous Nolita Rice Pudding establishment, a New York Dream of her's.)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Then we walked way downtown and snuck up to the famous roof of 2 Gold to admire the view (pictured) and lawn (not pictured).
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Another theme of this post is "I am beginning to get my new camera to take the pictures that match the ideas in my head."

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

If this is what happens when I rest my camera on a ledge then maybe I'm about to dork it up and get a tripod that I carry around at all times and whip out whenever I'm going to snap your shot.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Friday night we dinnered on the Citrus (Did this spread of raw fish fill me up for the evening? Of course not)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Like I said . . . starting to get the pictures I want.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Then we saw "Light on the Piazza" which was pretty much a musical version of "Mr. F" set in Italy. But it was good. Then we waited for the train.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Ha! It was noisy!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Saturday, among other things, we walked around SoHo (maybe you remember Saturday, it was the really, really rainy day?). This is a picture from the Broken Kilometer on West Broadway. Why is Emily smiling like that? Because pictures are not allowed at the Broken Kilometer, so I am totally breaking the rules!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Oh, babies. What are you up to now?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Dinner Saturay night? Five Points!! Activity Saturday night? Good Night and Good Luck at the Sunshine.

Sunday. Sunday lunch: Wholefoods at Columbus Circle! Then Sunday night we watched Mean Girls!

I'm all about subway icicles that come down to the roof of the train. (that's a great way to test icicles, too.)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I slipped away from Mom and Emily later that night to visit Karisa's. On my way over to her apartment, I saw the number 50.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I got in on a little Speed-Scrabble action. I couldn't believe the rush that I got from spelling "bedevil" or "quote" in teeny tiny little 30 second windows for action.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Then Joe helped me learn more about making my camera do what I want it to as Karisa and Di fell deeper in love and discussed buying a Forester.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

One thing I haven't written about are my New Year's Resolutions. I have a few, they may come up from time to time. Here's one: This New Year I resolve to try using the full-leg cross. And here's a photo of me trying it out . . . I don't know, I think it went pretty well. I could probably get it tighter. But who says you have to be perfect at your resolutions right away, right?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Still Life with Favorite Things.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

And then the night was done and I waited and waited in the subway station.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Waiting . . .

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Waiting . . .

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Finally.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Coming Soon: MONDAY! More walking! And More Scrabble! (If you can believe it.)

8 comments:

Cindy Bean said...

I love Scrabble. I wish I could play Scrabble with you. I don't think I love the cross-legged resolution as much though.

Brigham said...

But here's the thing. I've played Scrabble four times in the past seven years . . . and up until Sunday night, I would have said I had played Scrabble twice in the past seven years. So my tilesmanship is not tight and my scorekeeping is even looser.

Leg-crossing is still in the testing phase. Those that saw it in real life gave it a positive review. We'll see what happens.

Anonymous said...

I saw the full cross leg live in front of a studio audience and it was nice.

Side of Jeffrey said...

I'm a huge supporter of the full leg cross. The half cross causes loss of blood to my feet...as apparently I have a giant exposed artery in my ankle that gets squashed.

Also, I commend the defense used in your scrabble game. The fact that only 2 triple word scores were used it astounding, and imply serious defensive moves. Bravo special ones.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it a little weird that the noisiest subway station in all of New York is at Lincoln Center? Also, can you post bigger pictures of the mosaics? They're great, and I think I want to use one of those as my desktop wallpaper. Thanks!

Brigham said...

Is this the one you wanted?

Anonymous said...

just so you all know, di and i have decided on blue. with a MOON ROOF!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that's awesome, thanks, but can you do the other mosaic picture too? The one showing the whole thing? You're the best.