Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Best iPod Shuffling

I set my grotesquely overweight and oversized 20 GB iPod (20 gigabytes . . . is that even enough to hold one song?) to shuffle and was impressed by how well the little white device picked songs for a grey and drizzly day.

It played . . .

Screaming Your Name in the Middle of the Night by Thee Headcoats
Baby What's Wrong by the Milkshakes
Wandering Star by Portishead
Fender Bender by Kid Koala
Tchu Thuca from my Furacao 2001 CD
Syeeda's Song Flute by John Coltrane
Liquid Swords by the GZA
Claudette by the Everly Brothers
Satelite by Elliot Smith
Pump Pump by Snoop Doggy Dogg
Jercey Bounce by Django Rheinhardt
Master of Puppets by Metallica
Yeah! New York by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Not a Gang by M. Ward
I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles
Say Aaah by Deee-Lite
Seasons in the Sun by Chester (from the Sifl n Olly show)
Open Book by the Rakes
Argument by Fugazi
Motinho Roubada from my Furacao 2001 CD
Go Let It Out (live) by Oasis
New Star in the Sky by Air
Turn the Page by the Streets
. . . and then it played a third Baile Funk song and I decided its streak of song-selecting brilliance had ended.

And no, I don't mean that all those songs are brilliant, but it made for a clever drizzly day mix.

This is just what happens when I don't have anything to post about.

1 comment:

Cache said...

you're fired.