Thursday, January 19, 2006

Best This Was Monday

First off, big announcement. I've changed how I host my photos and now I've got the kind of pictures that you click on and then they get bigger! (Unnecesarily so, in fact)

Anyway . . .

Monday Mom and Emily were to leave around noon, so we went up to the Upper East Side to see the final few things on Mom's list of things to see, like the new LDS church that's being built on 87th Street. It's going to be big.



Emily and her shoe store (I can't believe they came all the way to New York just to see this!)



A nice looking church.



One of these is the home of Lyle the Crocodile. I know where all the celebrities live, Mom knows where all the fictional characters live (we also saw Harriet the Spy's house and Jackie O's apartment building).



This is Gracie Mansion? You've got to be kidding me. Not what I expected.



Who's that?



Oh, it's Mom!



And then Mom and Emily left, and I was all alone . . .

That night I went down to downtown downtown to Doug Peterson's house, but first I got distracted by the NYSE electric flag.



So distracting!



At Doug's I wound up engaged in another game of Scrabble (the slow kind this time).



So mind-wracking!

3 comments:

Side of Jeffrey said...

Who won? Jeff is like 10 for 10. Also, I have a picture with my comments now...it only took like a year to get that going.

Sparklebot said...

Jeff is good at scrabble. He even beat me once. Once.

Brigham said...

Doug's wife won. Her game is totally OCD. I refrained from placing my final tile to give Jeff another round to try to bring her down. No such luck.