Monday, January 16, 2006

Best Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Memory

This is a true story . . .

One morning, back in Kindergarten (Go Panthers!), they gave me a picture of a man with a mustache talking with his arms out to color and told me that this was "The Reverend Doctor Martin Luther King Junior." I had never heard of the guy before but couldn't believe my ears. This man was a Reverend, a Doctor, a King, and a Junior? My young mind was boggled, they didn't tell me anything else about the guy, so I figured that maybe he was the king of Africa? I knew purple was a regal color, so I made his suit purple and added a gold sash. I think I probably also wondered if he was as important as Prince Charles, because Prince Charles was a pretty big deal back then.

Come on, I was five!

In other news . . . Imageshack (where I host my photos) is being difficult, so that's why you only get a little paragraph in the late afternoon instead of pictures of Mom and Emily's visit and "B-E-D-E-V-I-L."

No comments: