Thursday, July 29, 2004

Worst.

You know what part of the Batman mythology always interested me the very least? All the mid-70s nonsense about when Bruce Wayne was wandering the world, training with monks and honing his skills and fighting super lame villains like Ra's Al Ghul. And what's the new Batman movie all about? All of that dumb stuff. I'd rather see a Spider-Man movie about how Peter Parkers' parents were secret agents. The new Batman Begins trailer interests me absolutely zero ("Batman Begins?" That's a movie title?) Now, let's just wait a year for my post where I talk about how Batman Begins is the best movie I've ever seen. I've been known to change my mind about this stuff.

And while I'm acting like a movie snob, let me just say that you just have to watch the trailer for the Village a few times to know exactly what the big surprise of the movie will be. I mean, you only have to watch the trailer a few times and think about the premise. Down in the comments I'm writing what I think the surprise is, check it out if you dare. If I'm wrong, you'll never hear me mention this again, if I'm right, I'll never stop talking about it.

5 comments:

Brigham said...

This is what I think the Village is about: As you can see in the trailer, we're dealing with a secluded village where no one is allowed to pass through the woods and see what's on the other side. But how long have these people been living in this secluded village? Hmmm? You see where I'm going with this?

Anonymous said...

Frankly, no. How long?

Brigham said...

Dear Stranger who is Reading my blog Right Now: I am forced to pull no punches. The movie takes place during modern day. The world as we know it is on the other side of the woods. That's my guess. Additional possible theories attach to this notion, but they're a little too crazy.

Anonymous said...

Brig, I am seeing The Village tomorrow night. I will be sure to let you know if your theory is correct. But I won't post it here so preserve the sanctity of surprise. --S

Anonymous said...

Brig, I am seeing The Village tomorrow night. I will be sure to let you know if your theory is correct. But I won't post it here to preserve the sanctity of surprise. --S