Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Best Return to Looking Good on the Dance Floor

Last week Jeff made a post about how hard it can be to get good concert photos and wondered what the secret to my occasionally good-looking rock pictures was . . . well, here's proof that it's all about being close, cuz my long distance shots of the Arctic Monkeys at Webster Hall Saturday night are plenty rough.


So, yeah. Saturday night I checked out the Arctic Monkeys, whose first ever US appearance I had caught last year, with Pamela. There were two big reasons for my seeing the band again: 1) For liking the Arctic Monkeys and 2) I wanted to see how they held up on repeat performances.


The verdict?


They still play fast . . .


I don't remember there being a tamborine before. . .


And now the singer guy is totally opposed to facing the audience. . .



The band is still something else, but it's hard being satisfied with seeing them from the middle of Webster Hall when you've watched them from the front of the Mercury Lounge. Look at me, bragging. Sorry.

5 comments:

Cache said...

I heard they wanted to be called Artic Shatter, but then found out that it was a sport drink flavor in america.

Anonymous said...

this is totally unrelated, except that both bands start with "a". . . but one of my friends is dating a guy from ambulance ltd. and he is a total ass. i am bragging now too. i know a rock (star?)

Anonymous said...

I would hardly call our vantage point "the middle of webster hall" Brigham. We were still pretty close - just not close enough to get thwacked by a sweaty towel which I'm not complaining about. You had a good time, admit it!

Brigham said...

I had a good time, I don't mean to leave a different impression than that.

Unlike most places, the middle of Webster Hall the middle is 1/4 of the way back from the stage and the rear of the club is 1/2 of the way from the stage. Its got a funny layout that way.

James said...

Long like Arctic Monkeys! Saw 'em open for Oasis in Toronto - great show! Tried to get tickets for their headlining show the following night but sold out much too quick.