Sunday, August 28, 2011

Best Obligatory Post-Hurricane Post

So . . . yeah, Irene.  Not such a big deal.  I had a lot of water leaking in through/around my air conditioner in the middle of the night.  After spending some time trying to stop it with towels and rags I just took the unit out and closed the window.

In the morning I could tell from my window that the Hudson was awful high.  Walked down through Riverside Park to have a little look around, saw a tiny bit of destruction, a tiny bit of flooding.

Tiny bit of destruction.  This seems to be the only tree that fell down in the whole park.


Tiny bit of flooding.



This dude was hogging the shot every post-hurricane photographer was trying to get.



In a tunnel, messages.  In chalk.  Any other medium and they may have seemed menacing.

 

And here's the river.  Seems high, right?



Bad news.  One of our water-powered street lamps has been ruptured.  Watch this.  It's the one unusual hurricane thing I have to offer.


And that's that in re:hurricane.  I hope they turn the trains back on so I can go to work.  I don't want Monday off, if anything, I want Wednesday or Thursday off.  To move.

No comments: