Friday, February 24, 2006

Best Superheroness of 2007

First of all, how much did the Women's Long Program destroy you last night?

Second of all, here's the first official Spider-Man 3 Poster.


Nice, right? Moody, right? Which is different from the first two Spider-Men, right? And here's the thing: it's not supposed to be a black and white image. So some of you know what that means. (And those that know what I'm getting probably also saw this picture somewhere else)

I'm still getting over how great Spider-Man 2 was, and I'm really looking forward to this movie. I just know it'll be full of mind-boggling swinging and punching and kicking.

Third, when I saw the new Air Jordan XX1 at Foot Locker I thought it was another Jumpman shoe. A much less exciting (silly) shoe than the XX, maybe too reserved? It looks like a figureskate, but at least it's more understated than it is ugly. Also, quite similar to the Air Jordan XIII.

Come on, it's hard to be interesting for 5 days straight.

7 comments:

Tannertrue said...

That is one sweet cover. And you say that it is not in black and white? Then by that logic the costume is... No... they couldn't could they?

The poster looks a lot like a cover that one of my alltime favorite artists, John Romita Jr., did for Amazing SpiderMan Where he was in that same position and it was raining but it was done in silhouette. It was a thing of beauty and my favorite cover.

Twinkie said...

i love spiderman 2. i thought it was better than the first one. this is making me excited for 3. even if toby mcguire is a bit short for my taste.

Anonymous said...

look jordan hasn't had a good shoe since 11. and twinkie, toby is a bit short for your taste? how tall can an asian girl be? i don't mean that as a racial diss...cuz asian girls are totally hot.

Brigham said...

I was a little "whatever" about Spider-Man 1, but 2 was just "Yes! Awesome!" over and over. I get a "Yes! Awesome!" feeling about 3.

Tannerama: Yes, they could. And will, it seems. Despite what Raimi said before not being interested in "that guy." I'm glad that Pete is going to spend some time in "it" too. Because people forget (or don't know) that It was around for a spell before that guy came along.

Also, he might be considered a "new" Spider-villain, and I think that's why Raimi didn't want to use him at first, but dude has been around 18 years.

Side of Jeffrey said...

Brig, have you noticed the XMen 3 posters here where Wolverine is leaning against some canister in a very self-reflective "what is the purpose of my mutated life" expression? I feel like Spiderman 3 and XMen 3 want to be the same movie right now...and that bothers me.

Anonymous said...

Topher Grace will play Eddie Brock by all accounts. Thomas Hayden Church will play Flint Marko.

Have you seen the shots of Peter Parker in the suit (fangs and all)? They are glorious to behold...

Brigham said...

I have not seen the toothy shots. Where can those be found?

Here's Church as Sandman. It's an old shot, but legit.

http://www.canmag.com/news/4/3/2355