Thursday, February 09, 2006

Best Lull in Content

Guess what? I'm on an adventure right now. An adventure where I forgot my USB cable, so that means no pictures, so that means why post anything adventure-related right now, right?

Guess what also? This computer I'm on has such an incredibly powerful pop-up blocker that I can't figure out how to reply to or compose emails. So all my email responses will now be done via the forum of my blog. If you didn't send me an email recently, please stop reading, because these messages are private.

To L.E.:
I am on an adventure right now, so I won't be able to make it to the Arrested Development night. Even worse, I am in a totally totally different time zone from you, so you'll have seen those last 4 episodes and had an hour to talk about them before I even see the first one. I don't see how anyone can say California is better than New York when this sort of thing happens.

(Guess I just revealed I was on a California adventure . . . but I bet you'll never guess what part of California I'm in.)

To G.B.:
I'm sure I have stuff by most of those bands that I'd be happy to send to you. But some of those bands are for girls. We're going to need to edit that story for the Kaiser Chiefs, it needs to be more appreciative of the band. Also, aren't you a little young to be saying "It's like Biggie and Tupac all over again"? That's like if I said "It's like Marvin Gaye getting shot by his dad again" when I was in High School. Anyway, I think I will enjoy myself here in Northern California, have a good Chicago weekend.

(Dang it! So it has been narrowed down to Northern California . . .but here's a clue, I'm not in Davis.)

To S.C.:
I bet you can order them from London, if you want to go all out. And I'm sure you already thought of this, but did you contact the Adidas store? I know, I know. You already thought of that.

To A.A.:
I wish I could tell you this, but you don't even know about my blog. Anyway, I won't be in class tomorrow, but I totally did the reading.

To C.S.:
Yeah, when I first listened to their early stuff I was like, "Wait, this is Zepplin" and their slow songs still bum me out. I'm pretty much strictly in it for their fast songs because so many of them are just so great. Whenever I see them live it's like a battle between loving the fast songs and enduring the dirgey ones--and, of course, diggin' on Meg's style. I'll tell Jared hello for you and also I'll write you a non-fake email when I can.

To Reply All:
No, I will not attending and frankly, I wish I hadn't signed onto this listserv in the first place.

To C.F., M.C., E.K., J.T., A.B., M.L., M.E., E.A., C.B., B.J.:
Why thank you. It does make me look handsome, doesn't it?

To J.Z.:
It's all right with me if you wear sandals. I've decided I like you better.

To L.L.: Yes, Please Add ILikeCheeze as My Friend.

So maybe now isn't the best time for you to write me about your problems with your Dad or to tell me who your secret crush is . . . or maybe it's the perfect time, depending on how you look at things.

It's late, it's like I'm just inventing words to type now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the bay, if that's where you're at. One day when I can afford a $1.5M 25 year old spec house I'll move back there :)

Anonymous said...

LE says she's sad you can't make it to AD night--and she won't call you after she knows the Bluth's fate; she'll wait for you to see it in CA time.