Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Best Fake Tales of San Francisco, pt.1: Mostly Pictures Without People

As you may have figured out, I went to Northern California last week. (Actually, I sort of only just got back, but that's another story).

Anyway, I began my trip at my absolute least favorite subway station.



I nearly missed my flight, but didn't. Did you know I like taking pictures out of plane windows?




Eventually I got to Oakland and although it was night it was easy to tell that the weather was magnificent. I took the BART to Concord and it took forever.


Cory picked me up and took me to an absolutely magnificent burger place (it was the beginning of a weekend of great burgers).



My Grandma Taylor says "Never trust a skinny chef." Clearly this place was to be trusted . . . except when dude was bringing me my burger he sure was eyeing it like he was going to drop the tray and chow down on the burger himself.



The next morning I discovered a tripod in Kristen and Cory's closet while I was looking for a bath towel (turns out my towel was folded and waiting for me in my bedroom) so I walked around the house photographing things . . . with the tripod!










Then I saddled up the Mustang and headed out to find adventure.


It turns out my internal radar can get me from Concord to Berkeley. When I got to Berkeley I sought out food.

Thanks, Brazil Cafe, for being closed. Thanks a lot.



I wound up eating Vietnamese.


You know what I just cannot stand about Berkeley? All the stinking hippies. They just don't have any respect for their elders at all.


There should be laws against the desecration of the flag.


As you know, Berkeley is known for things like this


and this


But did you know they've got the Haunted Mansion on campus?



More Berkeley things I felt were photo-worthy




Eventually I hit the road and headed across the bay






Next Time: Modern Art! Making New Friends! Reuniting with Favorite Friends! Complaining About my Socks!

3 comments:

Hey, It's Ansley said...

Did you ever see that SNL skit from the early 90s with Alec Baldwin as the soap opera doctor who couldn't pronounce any of the medical jargon correctly? He had to tell someone they had cancer (this is how he said it) "Canker of the Anal cAnal, and we don't know if it's benig or malig-nAnt." Oh so funny!

Cache said...

hey nice pictures briggie. what camera are you using?

Anonymous said...

Wow. I used to live in Concord. BART is incredibly inconvenient and overpriced. I think I ate at that burger place once.