Monday, February 13, 2006

Best Bay Area Getaway: By the Numbers

I'm still here, and I think I get to leave tonight. It's going to be a while before I can start posting photos, and I only have about three thousand to put online, so this trip should be properly summed up by May, but I can't help but want to get started on my review of this trip that hasn't even ended. Let's look at the statistics:

Number of Minutes Spent Waiting for A Train to JFK: At least 25
Number of People Who Got On My Flight to Oakland After Me: Two.
Number of Minutes it Took to get from Oakland Airport to Concord BART Station: Close to 100, I think.
Number of Nights Spent in Nephew's Bed: 3
Number of Nights Spent on V-Shaped Couch: 1
Number of Nights Spent Sleeping Beneath chandeliers: 1
Number of Times I Had to Bathe w/o Washcloth:3
Number of Video Installations at the SF MoMA that Made Me Lose My Mind and Never Want to Leave: 1
Number of People at the Metreon Besides Me on Thursday Afternoon: About 5
Number of Those People Who Were at the Metreon Besides me that Weren't Playing Dance Dance Revolution:3
Number of Absolutely Horrible Tacos Partially-consumed Before Deciding I Would Be Better to Having Nothing to Do With Them: 1
Number of Used Books That I Had to Buy in Berkeley Just Because Their Covers Were That Great: 5
Number of CDs that I Had to Buy at Amoeba: 0. 0? What's that all about?
Number of Rolls of Sushi Consumed By Myself and Family Members: I completely lost count.
Number of Times I Ordered Something Involving Cooked Salmon at a Restaurant Out Here: 2.
Number of Times I Usually Order Things Involving Cooked Salmon: I'm not sure of the proper numeric representation of "pretty much never."
Number of Chinese New Years Parades I Rode In: 1
Number of the Awesomeness of Riding in the Bartmobile in the Chinese New Years Parade: Infinite.
Number of Times I Will Return to San Francisco to Ride in the Chinese New Years Parade: ALWAYS. (I accidentally hit capslock there, but it seemed really appropriate to leave it that way.
Number of People I Had Never Met Before that Confessed to Being Serious Steady Mobbin' Fans and Already Knew So Much About Me I Barely Knew What to Say to Them: 3
Number of Above Mentioned Steady Mobbin' Readers Who Were Attractive Females:2
Number of Above Mentioned Steady Mobbin' Readers Who Were Good Dudes, But Said I Seemed Shorter on the Internet: 1
Number of Magnificent Hamburgers I Ate on this Trip: At Least 3. The hamburger is totally coming back in style.
Number of Well-Behaved Babies I Met: 1
Number of Nights It Took Me to Watch Fletch for the First Time: 2
Number of Arrested Development Cast Members I May Have Met Had I Not Gone to the Crush Party: 1
Number of Grape Crushes Drunk (by Me) at Crush Party: 2
Number of Strawberry Crushes Drunk (by Me) at Crush Party: 1
Number of JetBlue Flight to NY Cancelled on Sunday Afternoon: 90
Number of JetBlue Flight to NY that I'm Supposed to Be On Tonight: I wish they'd tell me.
Number of Hugs Received, by Me, from Grant: 2.
Number of Knee Rubs Received, by Me, from Jared: 2.
Number of Showers I Had to Take Without a Washcloth, as if I Were Some Kind of Animal: 2.
Number of 1GB SD Cards Filled with Pictures on This Trip: 1 and 1/2
Number of Job Interviews that Didn't Come Together, Thereby Destroying Whatever Chance I Had of Making This Trip Look Anything But Indulgent: 1

I'm realizing this list could go on forever, so I'm knocking it off.

3 comments:

erin T to the S said...

that's some list..woah doggies, that's some list...i hope you get home ok and when you do, and after you've taken a shower with a washcloth, you've been tagged by kirk, by marsha who tagged me so you're it and you have to tell 5 weird things about yourself and then tag someone else (I can't figure it out but it's all you)..happy valentine's day..hug, hug, jiggle, hug :)

Anonymous said...

"Number of Above Mentioned Steady Mobbin' Readers Who Were Good Dudes, But Said I Seemed Shorter on the Internet: 1"

I am that dude. I didn't quit at "short," either.

cory said...

Anything else you did that week that made you feel like an animal?