Saturday, February 25, 2006

Best for Us, Worst for Them

Some things can't wait until Monday. . .

Walking home from my Friday night activity (What did I do? Wait for Monday). I saw something beyond awesome (for us). One of the car stacks at the outdoor car stacker (it's a New York thing, you'll have to visit sometime.) on Great Jones street had collapsed! Crushing the Mercedes at the bottom! And putting the other two cars in a pretty precarious situation.




I stuck around for a while and watched them lower the Toyota with the crane. Lots of metal scraping against metal and things falling off the car as it was lowered to the ground. Painful to watch . . . but awesome.




Watching the workers figure out how to get the cars down I could only think, "Now that's a real job. Man, I'd love to work for Mike's Heavy Duty Towing."

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got a date with the night. . .

No comments: