Monday, January 01, 2007

Best Start to the Last Night of the Year

My New Years Eve began with a game of Settlers of Catan (the Cities and Knights Expansion version) at my new buddy Josh's house.


But why does Josh wear this face of shock?


And Erin this face of dissatisfaction?


Because I WON! I WON! (and got to sign the victory lid)


The kingdom that caused all of Catan to cower:


Note: This was only my third game of Settlers of ever. While it was good that I won, the bad is that I think it may have unlocked something dark and dangerous inside of me, a love of civilization-building tabletop gaming. Great. Just great.

7 comments:

Sparklebot said...

Watch out. The next step is dressing like a wizard and talking about D&D with your buddies on your way to the Renaissance Fair.

Happy New Year!

Side of Jeffrey said...

I've been trying to get people to play the Cities version with me for about 3 years, and have been unsuccessful.

Brigham said...

The trick is you don't give anyone the option of not playing Cities.

Another trick is to get in touch with your neighbor Josh.

Anonymous said...

WARNING: Brigham actually does know how to play SETTLERS of Catan. Don't be fooled, despite using tricking phrases like, "What's a metropolis?" and "Wow, you mean I get to take another commodities card?" make no mistake, he is playing to win.

Anonymous said...

PS- Jeff, there is talk of rematch shortly. I think you should join us.

Side of Jeffrey said...

I'm in without question. Please alert me.

Anonymous said...

erin's poo face is AMAZING!