Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Best Third Gathering

Listen, if anything happened worth photographing and posting besides the weekly meetings of the 12th Street Guitar Hero Fanciers' Association I would photograph and post those things.

Moving along. Tuesday Night: The third gathering of the 12th Street Guitar Hero Fanciers' Association featured a number of new members making their first appearances:

Libby and Don.


Sara and Christine (of is it Kristina? Christina? I need to make a sign up sheet)


Juleen.


Jane and Stephanie.


And Jeff (pictured here with three-time attender and set photographer, Collin)


Also, Erin came back! We had missed her the week before.


Collin and I decided to infuse the evening with a little excitement, bringing our fellow Fanciers a taste of the double-lean.


This is a move we invented where you pretend to shoot the notes as you play them.


The spirit of rock overflowedeth.


Something else awesome that happened: Morgan came! (As Emily wasn't there and Tracy has yet to make a meeting, I'm thinking the Association has an unspoken "One Attorney Per Gathering" rule)



And then, as the hour grew late, the time came for me to strap on my guitar and thrill the crowd with my most stirring rendition of Freebird yet.


Look at them, so rapt! Even my portrait can't take its eyes off me.


The results:


Pretty nice except for the fact I did even better earlier that day when no one was around (I made it into the solo without missing a single note)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shoot! Totally missed out. Next week, I did speak with another attorney of ours tbently and she said she would come if it was on wednesdays. Is that possible?

Side of Jeffrey said...

Stupid Work.

Anonymous said...

Dear Brigham,

I PROMISE I will be there next week. This time I mean it.

Signed,
An up and coming Guitar Hero