Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Best Fast Food Innovation Discovery

So I was reading a list of the ads that will be airing during the Super Bowl on Sunday. (I got it here) Not too exciting until I read this little description of a Taco Bell ad:

Taco Bell will promote its launch of Carne Asada Steak Grilled Taquitos with a spot where two lions discuss the meat and get a lesson in rolling their R's from voice over announcer Ricardo Montalban.

What?! Taco Bell is coming out with a taquito? It is the shameful truth that I'm a sucker for new Taco Bell menu items and I'm an unabashed lover of taquitos . . . sure, I should know better than to get my hopes up for the Taco Bell Carne Asada Steak Grilled Taquito, but I can't wait to see this thing, then go buy one, and then regret it.

A little Googling revealed this description of the Carne Asada Steak Grilled Taquito from aol:

For Taco Bell lovers, the new Carne Asada Steak Grilled Taquitos deliver premium taste on-the-go, filled with authentic carne asada steak, real cheddar cheese, hand rolled and grilled to go, with the dip (guacamole, sour cream or salsa) of your choice. They will change your definition of a taquito as they are grilled, not fried, and include carne asada steak and cheese.

Hmmm. Probably totally gross.

2 comments:

Side of Jeffrey said...

Hey, should we go get them like when we got the new Crunch Wrap? Do you have time to come to my office for lunch?

Brigham said...

I think I can squeeze you in once this think has made its nationwide launch.

I still regret not having a camera with me when I first experienced the Crunchwrap Supreme. So authentic! Just like I used to buy from the crunchwrap stalls in Mexico City.