Thursday, January 11, 2007

Best Inaugural Meeting

The 12th Street Guitar Hero Fanciers' Association held its first meeting on the evening of January 10. I was inspired to found the 12th Street Guitar Hero Fancier's Association to spread the joy of Guitar Hero amongst my friends and associates. I think all who attended would agree with me when I say our first meeting was an incredible, tremendous, outrageous success.

Let us review the photographic evidence (a good portion of these pictures were made available to me by Mr. Jeffrey Mulcock):

First of all, this is me, President and Founder of the 12th Street Guitar Hero Fanciers' Association and Host to the evening's festivities. (Also, I'm the guy that owns the guitar and the game)


Each attendee had a go or two at the game.

Dave. (First to arrive. For that he deserves some sort of honor)


Kelly.


Genevieve. (It's safe to say we were all very impressed by how quickly Genevieve took to the game)


The crowd goes wild!


Kim, who proved that talent in Dance Dance Revolution and Karaoke Revolution transfers easily to Guitar Hero.


Caitlin.


Not all forays into Guitar Heroing were immediate successes. But the key is to stick with it!


Pamela.


Brooke.



Jeff taught our the Fanciers' Association a thing or two about what it means to bring the Rockness to Guitar Hero.





Another highpoint of the evening: The Enke sisters' Message-in-a-Bottle-off. (Or maybe it was a You-Really-Got-Me duel? Memory fades.)






I think we were all quite impressed by the intensity Emily brought to her playing (once the guitar was explained to her, of course).


Look at the concentration in her face! Those of you who only know the Attorney Emily or the RS-Pres Emily really need to get to know Video Gamer Emily.





For her second number, Emily was convinced to kick it up a few notches by wearing her sunglasses.


For the final number of the evening (except for the after party that followed), I played everyone out with a little Freebird. (I had only played it once before) The Guitar Hero Fanciers' Association decided that that would be how all of our meetings would end with me demonstrating my progress on Freebird.



Here's a little video of what happened when Emily tried to take my picture.


So, in closing, I thank all of you who came out for our first meeting. We will be meeting again next week and it looks like we might have a second guitar by then! For all of those who didn't make it to the first meeting, you are invited and encouraged to attend next week. If you weren't on the emails that went around about this first gathering, please contact me and I'll make sure you're on the next round.

13 comments:

Side of Jeffrey said...

I was so disappointed when I got home to see that Guitar Hero was not available on XBOX - otherwise I would own it as of today.

The Freebird idea is excellent. Also, any game that involves Danzig has to be amazing. I owned Danzig I, II, III, etc.

Scrumpestuous D said...

I must admit that Jeff was the hardest rocking one of the bunch. It has truly inspired me to take my game to the next level. I vote to make Tuesday the official club night (but that's just me...)

Brigham said...

Well, for what it's worth, Guitar Hero is coming to XBOX 360. I guess that doesn't really help, unless you have a thing for brand loyalty.

I see no reason not to move to Tuesday, what does the rest of the Fanciers' Association have to say about the matter?

Lexia said...

Why is everyone standing? Can't you sit and play the game?

Brigham said...

Looks like someone doesn't know much about rockin'

Ar-Jew-Tino said...

This association and potential membership to it may be reason enough to make me move to New York.

Side of Jeffrey said...

Oh Lexia...sad. I thought for sure you would be in tune with the world of rock and the implications there in. How many concerts have you been to where the person rocking is sitting...and don't say Eric Clapton because he don't count.

Anonymous said...

It's been a long time...but I cannot express how pleased I was to read this exciting post. I had my first experience with Guitar Hero two nights ago...I now have a new addiction. By the way - received an email from Karisa. I was excited/surprised and know that I can thank you for sharing our info. Briggy is a man who gets people together.

Cindy Bean said...

I can't put my finger on it, but something about you looks different in these pictures. Your hair has grown out a bit? You've stopped consuming as many tacos? You're looking really handsome!

Brigham said...

Uhhh, I became a rock star?

Cindy Bean said...

Well, ever since "Suck the Dog" I've considered you a rockstar, so it must be the hairdo.

Brigham said...

Well, in the first picture it looks like I've grown out a ducktail but that's just a trick photo.

Anonymous said...

I have to say I am loving the Thomas the Tank Engine Table!!!! My 7 year old is jealous of the big boys!