Tuesday, September 12, 2006

It's Always Better on Holiday IV, pt. VIII, pt. II

So, yeah . . . Saturday we went down to Rebekah's house in Yorba Linda. Here Natalie surveys the backyard from the balcony.


I'll get right to the important stuff: I made an important new friend at Rebekah's house, the King Kong Massage Chair. I estimate I spent between 2 and 3 hours getting backrubs and neckrubs from this awesome piece of furniture. If the King Kong company is looking for an official spokesman, I hereby volunteer.



We had lunch at In N Out and I decided to conduct an Animal Style vs. Not-Animal Style Cheeseburger taste test. My verdict: Animal Style=The Way to Go. (Much discussed that day: The In n Out secret menu. Look, it's really not that secret.)



Rebekah, a birthday girl with a sense of decorum.



As the point of the weekend was that it was Rebekah's birthday, Saturday night there was a Pool Party in her honor. All of Rebekah's old California buds came over and us New Yorkers were like "My, these Californians are spirited folk!"


Ali videotaped that partying from above.


I indulged in sunset-related photography.




The bluriness at the far end of the pool? A hardcore game of Silent Marco Polo. So much Marco Polo happened at Rebekah's party it was ridiculous.


Also at the party? A pinata. That got murdered.





Onlookers lookon.


The disembowlment, courtesy of Ian!


I do not recommend coming between Mike and his candy.


Fancy cake!


And then it was all topped off with a little Magio karaoke excitement.







On Sunday I went to the Richard M. Nixon Birthplace/Burial Place/Library with Christian and Natalie. It was awesome. I think I'm totally going to get into Nixon now.


Some things that I saw there were:

His Limo.


Campaign stuff. ("Nixon Sî!")


A replica of some White House ballroom.


A gun Elvis gave him.


A letter to him from Ben Stein (who was one of his speechwriters) during Watergate


A heroic painting of him by a Russian.


His birthplace.


His grave.


And his helicopter!


And that isn't the end of the weekend, but it's the end of the photos. Besides, how do you properly photographically depict watching all of Arrested Development Season 3 in one sitting, anyway?

9 comments:

Nathan & Jen said...

I would like to point out that the link for the Secret Menu is not working.

http://www.in-n-out.com/secretmenu.asp

Also, having worked at In-N-Out, there are secret menu items that aren't on that secret menu. You didn't think they would really give you all their secrets, did you?

Anonymous said...

this was the best birthday weekend of my life. thanks for being there, briggie!!!!!

Anonymous said...

that's what she said

Cache said...

what?? nixon's dead??

emily said...

um, does your friend rebekah live on the set of television's "the o.c."?

A | E said...

Yes we are a spirited bunch! Sweet blog man! Nice meeting you.

Anonymous said...

I love the night-time pool photo!

And where is Ben's quote from? "I am wounded, cried Sir Anthony/But I am not slain." I like it.

Brigham said...

Turns out that quote is a mystery to many.
http://www.poetrylibrary.org.uk/queries/lostquotes/?id=127

Anonymous said...

brig, i'll bring your shoes to nyc when i come back. don't fret my pet.