Sunday, September 10, 2006

It's Always Better on Holiday IV, pt. VIII, pt. I

Let's get right down to it. Last weekend (the Labor Day one) Rebekah came down from Utah to celebrate her birthday with her family and brought Christian, Natalie, Chelsea, and Nora with her. I was lucky enough to be invited to join them up at Lake Arrowhead and down in Yorba Linda and today I chronicle the time spent at Lake Arrowhead (do you remember the foreshadowing in my La Cita post?).

Here I am on Rebekah's family's boat, holding on tight.


This is Christian, he wanted me to make him a Steady Mobbin' superstar, but he's already been on the blog a couple of times before.


I got there in the early afternoon as all the wakeboarding was dying down.




We docked back by Rebekah's family's lakehouse and snuck onto the neighbor's trampoline.


Check out these flippin' action shots.



Hey clouds.


If you wonder what happened to the Gates, they went to Lake Arrowhead.


Uhm. Some sort of Lake Arrowhead house, I guess.


It's a myth that safety and toughness don't mix.


Rebekah, hiding behind the boat. Not up to trouble.


Up at the lakehouse we had spaghetti!


And I tried to make friends with an unfriendly bird.



Then we drove down to the village at Lake Arrowhead where all the excitement is.


You know what you pretty much never see on my blog? Group pictures, like this one.


This plate. It sums up my life.


This bear. He was something else.


This piggyback ride was all zoomy and artsy.


And just now I'm realizing I didn't take any more pictures Friday night, but we had Sundaes and played Catchphrase and watched the Baxter and all sorts of stuff. The next morning, as we were leaving for part two of the weekend, I noticed this great shoe-cleaner.


Goodbye, Lake Arrowhead.


Here's something. Did you realize Lake Arrowhead was on top of a mountain? It IS!

5 comments:

Tannertrue said...

DUDE! Lake Arrowhead! I used to live in Crestline which is the low rent, low class, low hygiene version of Lake Arrowhead that is five minutes away from Lake Arrowhead.

Anonymous said...

I heart my birhtday weekend!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

oops...i mean birthday. my bad!!! (that's what she said.)

Lexia said...

That's the first time I've ever seen you wear shorts, or a swimsuit, or whatever it was.

Side of Jeffrey said...

NATALIE!