Thursday, September 14, 2006

It's Always Better on Holiday IV, pt. X

Although I'm back in New York I still have lots of Los Angeles memories to share. Like how last Friday night I went minigolfing at the Sherman Oaks Castle Park.


Like I said, last week I went minigolfing at the Sherman Oaks Castle Park. It was late and it was dark and it was awful hard to get my photos to look ok. And the funny thing is that even though it was my idea to go golfing, I'm really bad at the put put and don't really enjoy it . . . I just wanted to see all the big castles and windmills and stuff and enjoy the good company of fine Los Angelinos.

Players only.


Good times at the golf course.




Strategizing.


What's everyone so afraid of?


Just this haunted house, that's all.


Castle Park was full of bunnies, there were bunnies everywhere and they were barely afraid of people.


The second biggest competition (next to golfing, if you forgot) was the balancing golf balls on your golf club competition.


It was a fierce and mindblowing competition.


Just over the fence from Castle Park there was a Fireman training place.


But remember how I said I was really bad at minigolf? Trust me, I'm really, really bad at it . . . BUT, believe it or not, I got a hole in one on the eigth hole! Yes!!!


Good work, ball. You and I, we really made it happen. (And just so you know, on the ninth hole I got a 6, which is the maximum number of strokes you're allowed to take)


Once again, I repeat myself: There were bunnies everywhere and they were not afraid of anything or anyone.


But even more amazing than my hole in one was when on a later, horseshoe shaped hole I hit my ball into the bushes on my first stroke and on my second stroke hit the ball from the grass . . .


. . . right into here (the hole). It was the most spectacular hole-in-two ever! The crowd went bananas!


Even the Gods were amazed.


Hold those clubs high, noble golfers of Castle Park.

2 comments:

bex said...

is that the golf place from the infamous Think Tank (the movie)?

Brigham said...

That's what Greg said. I've never seen the Tank, so I remain skeptical.