Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Best Break From Hanging Out With My Family

On Saturday night I went with Amber to see LCD Soundsystem at the Bowery. Much like the Kaiser Chiefs show the week before, this concert had been sold out for a long, long time. And, once again, I (in this case "we") paid $16 for the show at the door and walked right in. After my luck with the Kaiser Chiefs I really didn't think it could be so easy to get into the Bowery every time it sold out, but I'm 2 for 2 now and feeling invincible. I may never ticketweb another Bowery show in my life.

Another great thing about paying $16 at the door? I heard a guy at the show saying he had paid someone $60 for his ticket. Come on you people!

The Modern Age has a very detailed and correct review of the show, so I'll leave it to her to provide the details and I'll submit this one word review. The show was: Bananas.

(You may say that that's a four word review. But I'm saying "Bananas" is the review, the rest is just set up.)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Perhaps you've heard a variety of electro-dance-punk or just plain poppy bands described as "teaching the cool kids to dance again." I'll submit that LCD Soundsystem is "teaching the cool kids that had been dancing to mosh again." And why not? Someone clearly has been teaching the cool girls that to pierce their noses again. Show got a little rowdy, but it was all in good fun.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

(see the blurry kid with the hat and glasses? he was skanking all night, I promise.)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

(standing still man in white looks like he's about to catch a vicious long-distance elbow from dude in red on the right)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Casa de Punk has a review of the show that's so caught up in the scene that my head nearly fell off from rolling my eyes at it (and usually I pretty much enjoy Casa de Punk, I hope he was at least half joking I take it back, dude is a complete idiot). Want to know how hard it is to be the cooolest New Yorker? Click. On the off chance that I was ruining the Soundsystem's cred by going to this show, sorry, but I had a good time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You didn't mention that James Murphey stole your voice and voice intonations - maybe even personality . . .