Monday, April 11, 2005

Best Because You Decided to Visit

Maybe it's Monday morning, and you're getting to work, or getting ready to leave for work, or you don't work at all and you're thinking "Hmm, maybe there's something new at briggie.blogspot.com? It's been a whole weekend, I'm sure Brigham came up with something." Well, just thinking of that scenario makes me feel I ought to have something for you, dear reader, so here's the best I can whip up. What can I say? It was a studying weekend, more or less.

Friday, after class and before the books, I went up into Chelsea to check out a couple of shows at some galleries. Here's the thing: if you're going to journey to the depths of Chelsea, way over between 10th and 11th Avenue, it's best that you have more than two galleries that you want to see, because galleries aren't big, and, if you're like me, it doesn't take a long time to look at stuff, so the travel time vs. art observation time ratio is like 9 to 1. But at least I saw this polar bear:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

At night I ate duck legs with Mike and Meg at a hole in the wall on the Upper West Side called "A." (Sorry, no link. It's pretty hard to search the internet for a restaurant that's just called "A", as google ignores the wore "A" when it searches). Look at him tear that thing up.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Saturday I had a quick catchin' up lunch with Sariah and then did some important recon in midtown . . . what for? To be revealed later, I hope. Post-recon I came across this, the Uberorgan. It was big, and conceptual, and not working, to say the least. Then I went to school and did an incredible amount of school work, came home, started cooking dinner, burnt my hand like crazy (forcing me to cancel a spy-trip I was going to take with Ashley Furst and to turn down a rock n roll situation with Jeff R.), and spent the rest of the night soaking it in ice cold water, watching Saturday Night Live, and calling people while out of my mind on Tylenol 3.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Sunday was epic in the way Sundays can be. The weather out here has turned crazy perfect. Oh yeah, I also got a haircut on Saturday. At first I really liked it, now I think it kind of makes me look like a bowling pin.

No comments: