Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Best Day for Things In Print

I was hoping to get this up before the end of the school/work day. Mission Accomplished, more or less.

Perhaps I have bragged to you about the dinners I've eaten at my friend Pete's house. Well, now I'm bragging to you that Pete just had a restaurant review published in the New York Times. I've yet to grill (uhm, no, that's not a pun) Pete on this, but I'm sure he'll try to play it off like it isn't a huge deal, and I hereby preemptively state, "No Pete, this is a huge deal."

Equally exciting, a bunch of hipsters I've never met can be thanked for the Vice Book of Do's and Don'ts coming out today. No, I don't have my copy yet, but I will before the day's end. I expect only the utmost in awesomeness from this book and visitors to my apartment, know this: you will find this book sitting on my new little black table when you come over to my place and we will be talking about it instead of our feelings, for once. Also worth noting, last month's Vice was one of the finest in months thanks to the Vice Guide to Everything. Perhaps the finest etiquette guide I've read since Miss Manners' Guide to Excrutiatingly Good Behavior? But wait, there's more: the online exclusive 100 Extra Do's and Don'ts is even better. Really. Oh, and if you haven't read Vice before, let me warn you: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Non-Print Related Items

Last night Captain Trouble and I caught some amazing jazz at the Village Vanguard worthy of its own Steady Mobbin' entry. Which it will be getting. Shortly.

The New G5 iMacs So pretty. No, wait, so ugly. No . . . so pretty. I can't decide! All I know is that the notion of an extremely affordable computer with a G5 chip and a 20" screen makes me hate my broken PC laptop even more.

Want to hear the new Snoop Dogg/Neptunes joint? Click here. Interesting, isn't it?

No comments: