Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Best Crib Clouded in Controversy

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

"What's that?" You may ask. "A crappy looking old warehouse or something?" No, silly, it's a photo taken in Tribeca, so you can rest assured that it may used to have been a crappy old warehouse, but now it's a building full of luxury lofts. But not just any old building full of luxury lofts. See that box on top? That's the penthouse, and Jay-Z just bought it. But not without some problems. Jay-Z bought the $7.5 million, 10,000 square foot apartment directly from it's former owner, adman Peter Arnell at the same time Roc-a-Fella Records CEO Damon Dash was closing a deal on the place with a Corcoran realtor. But actually, this is all old-news in the land of New York real estate. This entire paragraph has just been a smokescreen for the fact that I haven't posted for a while, so I'm tossing up a picture of Jay-Z's place that I took on a walk a few weeks ago. Also, I'm just practicing posting pictures on Steady Mobbin'.

You may also be wondering if I've been running into any celebrities lately. The answer, of course, is "Of course", but it all depends on your defintion of "celebrity." For a while I couldn't walk up 6th Avenue without seeing someone, last week I bumped into the "ADD Kid from Road Rules" (dressed like he was coming home from the pool with a towel over his shoulders and everything), James Lipton (the Inside the Actor's Studio Guy), and Elvis Costello (who I see around a lot these days.) Last Friday I saw Andrew WK wearing short gym shorts and a "Got Milk" T-shirt in Williamsburg, and on Sunday I saw Famke Janssen (again) on MacDougal. So I'm doing okay. Oh, and I saw the not-necessarily-famous Joe Goodkin from High School (and Junior High) at Pete and Hannah's on Saturday . . . as I hadn't seen dude since graduation in 1995, that was something of an important sighting.

Also I've got to give a shout out to the new $4 meals at Kentucky Fried Chicken. In the world of Value Meals, they are king--two pieces of chicken, a biscuit, coleslaw, and mashed potatoes for $4? A killer bargain, especially in dear old New York.

Coming Soon nothing but pictures of me and my friends eating at different places. Brace yourselves.

No comments: