Monday, October 05, 2009

Best Friday Night?: My Friday Night Was Very Good

Probably. I'll tell you about it Monday.


Okay, it's Monday:

So Friday night I saw Tragedy: The All-Metal Tribute to the Bee Gees perform at the new and very impressive Brooklyn Bowl in Williamsburg (seriously, the Brooklyn Bowl is big, real nice, and ought to make a billion dollars--please believe me when I try to tell you that this is where you want to hold your next big corporate event).

Tragedy provided everything you could expect or hope for from an All-Metal Tribute to the Bee Gees and more. A certain level of drunkenness would have helped get the most out of this band, but I'd definitely see them for $5 again.

Something I appreciated is that they picked a Metal-sound appropriate for each song. For example, "Staying Alive" was played in a Guns n Roses style while other songs came across as Bon Jovi-ish or mildly death-metally.

Pictures:




Video:

"Staying Alive"


"Tragedy" (mostly this video is to show you their roady swinging on the trapeze)

1 comment:

Side of Jeffrey said...

epic. You have a friend named $$$?