It's a Leuchtturm notebook, probably world famous somewhere else in the world, but to me, new and unknown. Why did I buy Leuchtturm? Curiosity over several potential advantages to the notebook. They are:
- Includes the little bookmark (which actually I always try to rip out as I just use the elastic band for a bookmark) of a Moleskine as well as the little pocket in the back, so right off the bat you're not missing anything essential to the small, booklike notebook experience.
- Approximately 1/2" taller than a comparable Moleskine.
- Numbered Pages. BIG selling point.
- Space for date at top of page.
- Table of Contents: may prove useless to me, but I have begun to fill out.
- Perforated Pages in the back. A feature to some, but not all (likesay, the ones I've been using) Moleskins.
- The paper stock strikes me as being whiter than a Moleskines. Could not be true, though.
- Surprise Super Bonus Feature: Includes stickers to date and label the notebook when you're done and it's time to archive the little guy. Very good move here, Leuchtturm. I had been wanting to find little labels for my Moleskine spines.
- Also: $3 cheaper than a Moleskine.