Monday, June 16, 2008

Best Two Things I Did this Weekend


1) I went to see the Incredible Hulk with Ace. I liked the movie fine while watching it, but it's best to not think about it too much afterwards. Solid 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 star movie, really. But I can't believe this movie got made and that people are watching it, that shows are selling out. Really? We're all that excited to see another Hulk movie? And it made me think about the first Hulk, which actually I remember liking and seeming a lot more like a movie than this one even though it's absolutely reviled by so many. Still, this movie was fine and I especially liked the extended shots of the favela at the beginning. Really took me back to Mexico City. I think a whole movie that was just tracking shots of Latin American slums would be pretty much the best movie you could make. I'm telling you. But if you ain't never been to the ghetto don't ever come to the ghetto, 'cause you wouldn't understand the ghetto.

When I started that paragraph I didn't see it ending like that.

Oh, and Ace liked it too.




2) Sunday afternoon I made a salad. A wilted spinach salad with grilled onions and a warm feta dressing. This one is a winner. This salad is serious. Oh. And steak. Tossed in a tiny bit of steak. Someone invite me to a group dinner and ask me to bring the salad and I'll make the entree wish it never showed up.

Maybe that was a little cocky of me, let me take it back and say I just really believe in this salad.

Bonus Item:



3) How could I almost forget? Ate mad sushi Friday night at Blue Ribbon Sushi w/ Jeff & Lindsay. After this platter (and some appetizers and some soups) Jeff and I still felt like animals so we had to have a few more rolls, which maybe put us over the edge of how much raw fish one can comfortably consume but really it was becoming a question of how far too far could go.

One More Bonus Item I Thought of When Glancing at iPhoto:

4) I don't know what setting my camera was accidentally set on when Ali took this picture of Lisa but there better be a way for me to figure it out from the EXIF data because when I first saw it I was like "that's no good" but then I looked at it again for a while and was like "yeah, that's kind of good."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's something Mona Lisa about that last picture.

I just finished my last exam of the semester and am rewarding myself by catching up on all the mobbin' I've missed. It truly has been steady!

Side of Jeffrey said...

Blue Ribbon Sushi is something wicked.

Ali said...

sometimes I amaze myself.