Thursday, December 02, 2004

Best "So That's What Was Going On?" Revelations of the Day

After class yesterday there was a lot of activity on 6th Avenue of the firetruck and worried people sort. Something was clearly up with the subway, what do I mean? Oh, smoke was billowing out of subway grates, firefighters were rushing in and out of the West 4th station, firetrucks could be seen every few blocks, confused looking commuters stood on the street with a real "what do I do now?" sort of look to them--and the same sort of stuff was going on up at 14th street, too. It was the sort of thing that makes you go home and turn on the TV to see if you can figure out what was going on. Well, thanks to this article at Gothamist, I now know what had happened: some sort of big third rail fire of some sort. Yes, Gothamist is where I get my hard news now.

Also Follow a couple links on today's Gawker and you'll wind up at this article "outing" Alias actor Victor Garber . . . funny, I remember posting about this same sort of thing in my very first Steady Mobbin' post. Did I have a scoop or sorts? Guess that was my moment for internet gossip glory.

No comments: