Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Best Extremely Underpublicized and Incredibly Close to My Apartment

Remember that book Extremely Loud & Incredibly close?  Remember how we all loved it?
COME ON, admit it, it's been a while but you loved it back then.

I only just very recently became aware that it's being made into a film and now filming notices are posted all over the Upper West Side.  On Monday I ran into two different sections of street (along Amsterdam and Broadway) being prepared for filming this week.


The movie stars Tom Hanks, Sandra Bullock, James Gandolfini, and John Goodman, among others--so it seems this movie is going to be slightly bigger than 2005's Everything is Illuminated.  The film comes out sometime next year.

4 comments:

joe j. said...

Bullocks...why is she in that?

Brigham said...

I think she's the go to for Hollywood mom roles now?

Tai said...

I couldn't even finish the book. There must be something wrong with me because I am tired of his writing style. I feel like his next book will be written from the point of view of an english as a second language fetus.

Brigham said...

I think he equally deserves all the praise and all the criticism he receives.

To Safran Foer's credit, a year before the book came out I heard him at a McSweeneys reading and what he read (a selection from Extremely Loud) mopped the floor with the selections read by Dave Eggers and Nick Hornby. That night was his.