Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Best You Don't Have to Suffer

It might not look like much, but I made myself an absolutely genius dinner.


What we have here are fresh green beans and a pork chop topped with chipotle butter, but it's more delicious than just that. The pork chop I rubbed down with olive oil, salt, and pepper and I tried to sear that into a decent little crust before tossing it into the oven to pan roast for a bit as the chop was a little thick. The butter is just butter with chopped up chipotle peppers and adobo sauce mixed up in it. Although I used two big peppers and lots of sauce it wasn't hardly spicy at all, but the flavor went well with the meat. BUT what's really important are the beans. First I simmered them like you normally would, but after the pork chop was done I sautéed them for a little bit in the pork drippings that were left in the pan with some butter (butter, butter, butter...plenty of butter in this meal). The result? Tasty dinner for one, total cost: probably barely $4. This argument that we've been making that it's cheaper to eat out than cook for yourself in Manhattan is slowly collapsing for me.

Stay tuned for when I have pasta with anchovies in the sauce later this week, just like Anonymous told me to.

5 comments:

cory said...

Wow Brig. I am impressed.

Kristen said...

That last comment was from me.

Brigham said...

That's not what Cory says.

Side of Jeffrey said...

I bet it was 5x better than what I ate at Ninja.

Brigham said...

Stop bragging!