Monday, July 10, 2006

Best Movie of the Weekend

Uhm, that would have to be Uptown Girls starring Brittany Murphy and Dakota Fanning, which was on Saturday night on the Family Channel, because I didn't see any other movies this weekend. I will not say that Uptown Girls was good, but I did have it on for an hour after I saw that Murphy lived in the Ansonia Hotel, a building which I'm fascinated with (but only mildly.) Don't be fooled by it's Frenchy-looks, it isn't as classy a building as you might guess. Maybe someday I'll write a report on it. Maybe.

Immediate Update: I forgot. This weekend I discovered that the Yeah Yeah Yeahs had made a video for "Turn Into", one of my favorite songs from "Show Your Bones" (this is what I had to say about Show Your Bones when I first got my hands on it, I still like it plenty). I feel that this video, while remaining relatively lowkey and non-flashy, really excels as a videographic representation of the feel of the song. That's what I think. Video here.

2 comments:

Cache said...

betsy and becca this, cindy that, what about me? I mean marsha at least got the chk chk chk.

Cache said...

great...