Sunday, January 30, 2005

Best Whatever

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Well, I'm back to my old tricks--with nothing to post about, I'll post about anything, starting with a photo that hasn't anything to do with anything.

Behold, Unrelated Content:

Comida que me gusta Saturday night I dinnered at El Maguey y La Tuna, which I hadn't been to for months and months (as illustrated here, at the very, very bottom of the post, back when I really knew how to put a bunch of unrelated info together in a single post.) El Maguey y La Tuna is definitely officially the Mexican restaurant I am most satisfied with on the isle of Manhattan. I had the nachos and a bowl of pozole--I can't explain the ordering of nachos aside from I've really wanted nachos lately, but I ordered the pozole because its cold out and I wanted to order something that would test the kitchen's ability to turn out something which is undisputedly truly Mexican, and they did good. I also made many covetous glances at Bryant's plate of mole enchiladas. I'm going back soon to get some of those, as I did have them there before I found them to be just plain perfect. I'm not usually a snob about authenticity, I like Taco Bell as much as the next guy, as long as something that is supposedly Mexican is tasty I'm down, but sometimes there's nothing like a restaurant that serves classic Mexican dishes properly and doesn't mess it up--or force guacamole ground at my table upon me. Now, if I could only find a place that made tacos that were small enough.

Pelicula que no me gusto Saturday afternoon I walked half a block to the Quad Cinema to catch "Lost Embrace," and Argentine film that was supposed to be good. Turns out it wasn't. The tale of an Argentine Jew who helps his mother run her store at a little Latin-American mall while thinking about his father who he's never met, it was really boring and I left after an hour because I knew there had to be something better to do with my time.

Pelicula que me voy a gustar Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy test-screening reviews are beginning to appear. This movie is going to be great, I can just feel it. As it comes out on May 6, it should prove to be the perfect little outer space apertif to Revenge of the Sith. The Internet is currently clogged with all sorts of Revenge of the Sith spoilerific hotness . . . I have a hard enough time resisting these pictures and scoops myself, so I'm sorry, but I won't be facilitating access to them through Steady Mobbin'.

Una lista de 500 canciones! A few months ago Rolling Stone magazine published their list of the 500 Greatest Rock Songs, a (in a sense) predictable parade of Dylan and Stones praise with not a classic overlooked. Yawn. Here's a much better list of 500 Best Rock Songs--it's exciting off the bat, as their #1 song is "Roadrunner" by the Modern Lovers. It's ridiculous to even suggest that there could be a correct list of the 500 Best rock songs, myself, I don't know that I can name 500 songs that I really, really like and then rank them in correct order of "greatness"--but these lists are a little thought provoking, and the Matt Toby list in particular might turn you on to something you've never heard, or properly appreciated, before.

Y una cosa mas Some people don't know that Tim Burton has a new animated movie coming out this year called "The Corpse Bride." Well, he does. And here's the trailer. This I will like, much more than I like the Nightmare Before Christmas, which I don't even really like. Stop motion certainly has come a long way, like, I've got to be honest this thing looks so good I have my doubts about it really being stop motion, doesn't that look Pixar-good to you? Lighting, it has to be the lighting.

No comments: