Monday, September 05, 2011

Best Labor Day


I don't remember when Kristen was born, she just emerges in my childhood memories at some point.  In fact, few are my memories without her presence.  But Emily?  I do remember being called into the kitchen to take this picture before Mom went to the hospital to have her.  It was a Saturday night, the next morning we went to church with Great Grandma Condie and afterwards went to the hospital to meet Emily.  She had brown hair.  When Emily came home I was given a Beauty and the Beast storybook/cassette combination from the hospital gift shop.  That's how it all began.  Next thing I remember she's walking around and stuff.  She was there when I put my knee through the French door.

Sorry, everyone, for breaking the French door like that.

But enough about me.  Happy Birthday, Emily.  I wanted to send you a card but they're packed up.  I hope you're having a good day.  Are you coming to New York again soon?  You do a good job of keeping Mom and Dad from getting lost.

No comments: