Friday, June 05, 2009

Best Come to Zion Come to Zion

If you ever needed a reason to head back to Salt Lake, here you go: It's the 2009 Gallivan Center Summer Free Outdoor Concert Series.

Jul 09: Bon Iver/Jenny Lewis
July 16: Black Keys/Human Highway
July 23: M. Ward/Land of Talk
July 30: Sonic Youth/Land of Color
August 06: Q-Tip/B.o.B.
August 13: Toots and the Maytals/NASA
August 20: Iron & Wine/Okkervil River

I'm not making this up.

7 years ago I saw Big Sandy and the Fly-Rite Boys at the Gallivan, 2 years ago Peter, Bjorn, and John. Now it's 2009 and if there's a city with a better line up of absolutely free public summer shows I want you to tell me about it.

5 comments:

Cindy Bean said...

It is pretty good. I'm only blocks away! Come visit!

Brigham said...

I think I will.
I guess to see Sonic Youth as M. Ward is going to be at Summer Stage this year. Gratis. Gracias.

Brigham said...

And because I finally listened to Daydream Nation all the way through for the first time.

M said...

did i ever tell you about the time i went to a performance of the merce cunningham dance company and sonic youth and john paul jones were there playing the background music?

Side of Jeffrey said...

Wait - that crap is free?? Riculous. I think we could see KC and the Sunshine Band for free 6 years ago. Or Jericho Road.