Friday, January 09, 2009

Best Is it Just Me...

Or does this drawing look just like my former hometeaching companion Mike?


Saw it tonight at the Elizabeth Peyton show at the New Museum (yes, I finally went [oh, and sorry Todd, I didn't really like the Mary Heilmann stuff]), turns out it's supposed to be a young Walt Whitman?

Okay, whatever you say.

But seriously, doesn't this look just like Mike? Cover the left side of his face and do NOT tell me that the right side doesn't look just like Mike.

4 comments:

becca said...

it so does.

todd said...

You don't have to like Mary Heilmann's work. It's a shame, but you're entitled. They're fantastic paintings. I wanted to steal one of the chairs when I saw the show at the Orange County Museum.

Side of Jeffrey said...

It definitely does.

The Rascal said...

Anderson