Sunday, November 16, 2008

Best Of Course I Did


Saturday, between move-related tasks, I managed to find myself at 13th Street and 2nd Ave on the day of the Momofuku Bakery and Milk Bar's first day of business. Funny how that worked out. While the line wasn't this long when I got there, by the time I got to the cashier they had run out of deep-fried poached eggs for the pork buns (major bummer) so I had to switch up my order at the last second. I had a volcano, which is like a big knish full of au gratin potatoes, cheese, and bacon--acceptable and a fudge-brownie/snickerdoodle twist softserve cone. Very cool, the snickerdoodle ice cream. Lots of the many pies and cakes and cookies looked ridiculously tasty and intriguingly varied in their curious flavor combinations (pumpkin blondie pie? corn flake and marshmallow cookie?)

This place is going to make a billion dollars.

No comments: