Saturday, November 29, 2008

Best and This Is What I Have to Say About the New Guns N' Roses



1. Fact: This is the first Guns N Roses record I ever sat down and listened to all the way through. Just wanted to get that out there.
2. Fact: The truth of the matter is that this is a very solid hard rock record. In this day and age, it’s easy to expect a mythical record 14 or more years in the making to be a let down…I actually felt a little let down by it not being a let down at all.
3. For me, the most impressive thing about the record is how strong Axl Rose’s voice still is…it isn’t until the record’s third or fourth song that he lets loose with his trademark whiney-howl, but it sounds as good as ever.
4. Once again, let me reiterate that this is actually a very solid hard rock record worth more than just a first curious listen--if you're the sort that enjoys a solid hard rock record.

No comments: