Sunday, April 27, 2008

Best Where You Can Find Me in May

Absolutely magnificent.

"Godard's 60's at the Film Forum"

This is what I have to say:

Breathless, May 2-5:
Never seen it on the big screen, and while this weekend could not be more crammed with worthy activities, I will not miss this movie.

Two or Three Things I Know About Her, May 6 & 7:
I think I saw this at the Film Forum a year or two ago and actually I didn't like it.

Pierrot Le Fou, May 9-10:

Haven't seen, am curious.

A Woman is a Woman, May 11-13:
"Godard’s first film in color and Scope, and his nearest approximation of a musical, with cinematic in-jokes and anarchic humor galore." Ok, I'm in.

Alphaville, May 21:
Haven't seen, I know it's a big deal, so I'll go see it.

Band of Outsiders, May 22-24:
“All you need to make a movie is a girl and a gun.” – Godard.

Masculine Feminine, May 25-27:
Absolutely. First saw this at the Film Forum in 2005, it has been very hard to settle on watching it on DVD for the last couple of years. I will be there.

Sympathy for the Devil, May 27:
"The camera endlessly prowls through the Rolling Stones’ recording session of the title song, shot in long, long takes."
Now I didn't even know about this one. Maybe.

This might be reason enough for me to look into a Forum membership, but I'd need to see 15 movies there before I start breaking even on the $5 tickets.

4 comments:

Chet said...

Brigitte Bardot's butt alone is worth $5 to see Contempt...

Brigham said...

Mom! Don't embarrass me in front of my friends!

sariah said...

this is magnificent news!!

and brig, i love your mum.

Side of Jeffrey said...

Breathless. So good. On the big screen. So better.