Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Best IXth Gathering

Last week's Guitar Hero: low attendance, lower energy. (not that there's anything wrong with that). This week's Guitar Hero: high attendance, higher energy. (and that's without a Mulcock in sight) The lesson: NEVER change the meeting time of the 12th Street Guitar Hero Fanciers' Association to 8pm.

The Photographic Highlights:

First of all, for a limited time only, Dave rocked through a few numbers in his rock star outfit.


Second of all, Collin has stepped up to become the Fanciers' Association's official stage manager and new member orienter.

Here he can be seen orienting Jill and Sara.


And here he orients Sarah and Maria.


But just because he'll help a new member understand the playing of the game doesn't mean he won't get up in their grill later on.


When friends rock together, some friends start rockin' real hard (as shown here by Michelle as enabled by Katie)


doesn't it sort of look like Sara is thinking "Oh, if I only rocked like Michelle"?


Let's check in with some longtime members . . .

Courtney and Genevieve (throwing in a little cheekiness there, right?)


Ellie and Sara (are you catching on that "Sara" is a very popular name for Guitar Hero Fanciers'?)


It was Leah's first visit to Guitar Hero night BUT definitely NOT her first time playing. She was a total Guitar Hero ringer, a total hustler.


This is Becky. What is she reading and why is she so . . . shocked? Excited? It's a list of the songs on the hacked Guitar Hero disc Gabe brought. What do I mean by "list of songs on the hacked Guitar Hero disc Gabe brought"? With luck, by next week I can tell you all about it.


This is me, Brigham, as I play "More Than a Feeling" on Expert. That's one of my four Guitar Hero tricks, playing "More Than a Feeling" on Expert.


This is Kim playing "Monkey Wrench" on Expert. That's a much more impressive trick than playing "More Than a Feeling" on Expert.


One of my other Guitar Hero tricks? Now I can finish Freebird on Hard without thinking I might get boo'ed off the stage at any moment. Now I just got to drag that point total and percentage up. Slowly but surely, my friends.

No comments: