Monday, March 19, 2007

Best Brown Imperturbable Faces

I don't even remember the last time I posted about an apartment listing, but check this place out:


92 Jane Street--Curbed Report
92 Jane Street--listing

I don't even know where to start with this place.

A month or so ago I visited a townhouse that Tina was housesitting. It looked like just any old townhouse from the outside, but on the inside it was a multi-layered collection of African-themed nooks and balconies. That's the thing that I love/that drives me crazy about New York. Unlike most cities or suburbs where you can drive past a mansion and say "Hey, look at that mansion, I bet it's awful nice on the inside" here you can just never guess what's hiding behind just another set of bricks and windows.

3 comments:

Cache said...

holy cow

Anonymous said...

thanks for finding my house. when can I move in?

broek

niall said...

I particularly like the last comment on that page:

This is like the mullet of houses: business up fromt, party in the back.

So true.