Saturday, November 04, 2006

Best TMI

New York Magazine has a great article on Rocky Aoki, the founder of Benihanas, this week. And by "great" I mean full of information that may make you think twice about eating at Benihanas again, on ethical grounds.

The article.

I guess this world needs a few larger than life ex-Olympic Wrestler/Powerboat Racer/Ice Cream Truck Driver/Super-Philanderer/Favorite-Child-Having Japanse restaurateurs to keep it interesting, right? Now that I think about it, he's probably the kind of guy that would be fun to haved as the father of one of your friends.

3 comments:

Side of Jeffrey said...

I did a presentation to him once. He was very stuck up.

Anonymous said...

I like the part in the article when it tells about Rocky's speedboat accident, and how when he wakes up after the accident, his wife and mistress are both there, waiting for him to wake up.

I've been in that kind of situation before, and it's hard to know what to say in that moment!

Brigham said...

I can't say the article didn't make me think of you a few times, Matt.