Friday, October 20, 2006

Best Thursday Night in Washington Square

Approaching Washington Square along Waverly Place it was clear something was afoot . . .


Oh, they're just filming Will Smith's new vampires-in-the-future movie, I Am Legend. (the filming of which I have stumbled across before).



The lights were So Bright! I guess to keep away the vampires?



But that wasn't the only thing happening in Washington Square last night . . . also, there were a whole bunch of people playing with their lightsabres there!




Found amongst the fellows was one lithe Lady Jedi, the most envied sparring partner of the bunch.




Here's a not-too spectacular video of the Padawans in action. (that's right, I called you guys Padawans! What you going to do about it?)


Turns out that this jolly group were the NY Jedi. Duh, of course. The NY Jedi! Seriously, these guys were causing me to have major BYU Quill & Sword Club flashbacks.

Later on, I had the grossest Big Mac ever. No sesame seeds!


Also, the cheese was crusty.

6 comments:

cory said...

That looks almost as fun as watching the Aspen Grove sword fighting fiend.

Anonymous said...

Hey I see you are a friend of Mitch Clark. I am a long lost friend of hers from childhood to college and would like to get in touch with her. Do you have an email address? You may send to grange.daniel@mayo.edu. Thanks.

Side of Jeffrey said...

You are like a moth - attracted by bright lights that entangle you into their warming glow.

Anonymous said...

Brig - Jim and I were watching 1 vs. 100 (a new show hosted by none other than the pervert Bob Saggett) and we recognized your friend Chaz from your blog...lucky him...he just won $159,000 or something like that. Wow!

I think that you are off to Japan this weekend and flying first class at that! Enjoy your trip...

Jenn said...

Maybe YOU should write for NY Magazine.

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2006/10/in_a_postapocalyptic_new_york_1.html

Tell Japan hello.

JB

Anonymous said...

Man, I wish I were part of that club... The people that get together in parks and swordfight each other.