Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Best Clever Cover

Last week I was down at the A NY Thing store (aNYthing?) and discovered it's the place to go to find mixtapes(cds). While I picked up a few tapes(CDs) by DJs I knew (DJ Ayres, the Rub, Low Budget) there was one disc I had to pick up based on its cover alone:


That's right, "EmoThug: We Gets Emotional" by DJ Morsy. It's a collection of hip-hop verses over Indie hits. The record itself is about 66% as cool as its title, and that's a fairly good ratio.


Lots of mp3s and such available at the Nana Chill website (which seems to be worth exploring).

8 comments:

Brigham said...

The main idea is that, to me, "We Gets Emotional" is a funny thing to say over and over to yourself.

Anonymous said...

This has got to be the funniest thing I've seen all week. I love how he's trying to look all introspective on the cover. Awesome.

Cache said...

I think the drug boss in "Next Friday" says that a lot. Or maybe it was something else... Anyway, the Roll Out remix is pretty funny.

Cache said...

wait, wait! the neva scared remix is good!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Well, well, well....It has been a very long time I must say! This is your long lost, London-loving, Cafe Rio-eating friend Heather. So glad to see that you are doing well and having numerous adventures. I'm also very glad that I remembered your blog name! It has simply been too long. I even ventured into your archives and was excited to see a mini-London reunion (Andrew, Ryan and even Matthew...very impressive) I have been smiling ear to ear as I have enjoyed your photos and insight. You always make me laugh...what is your email so we can chat further?

Side of Jeffrey said...

That cover changed my life, and the direction its going in. Not sure if that's a plus yet, but I can't stop it.