Thursday, June 30, 2005

Best 23 Year Old Birthday Present

First of all, out of respect and decency for my Mom, you shouldn't do any math in your head as you read this post.

Yesterday my Mom sent me photos of what I gave her on her 28th birthday when I was 5. Not that I hard forgotten what I made her. They are dinosaur and Star Wars placemats that she liked enough to have laminated. Because they're awesome. It's funny, I remember working on these quite vividly.

Here we see two dinosaurs fighting. I believe the cover of one of my dinosaur books inspired the basic theme, beasts, and stance of my drawing, but I left a lot of elements open to my own interpretation.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This is a gathering of dinosaurs on there way to get somewhere. Probably somewhere where you eat lesser dinosaurs. As you can tell from the menacing slant of their eyebrows, these are mean dinosaurs.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Okay. This, apparently, is a tree, a sun, and an ant. Or maybe some sort of tiny dinosaur? I don't remember this one. Maybe it was an effort at something nice and pretty for my young mother.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Well, it's obvious what we have here. At AT-ST, an AT-AT, and a probot. As you can see, I modified the AT-AT and gave it an additional weapon not seen in the Empire Strikes Back. It's some sort of transparent box full of something with a second device inside of it. I think that the second device is supposed to drip acid all over those dots inside the first device, and that the AT-AT then drops those dots over rebels that are beneath it. Because, if there was anything I learned from the Empire Strikes Back, it was that AT-ATs are vulnerable from beneath.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

A very basic dinosaur drawing. Clearly a pterodactyl and the duck-billed kind of dinosaur.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Two styracosauruses enjoying a calm domestic scene. Until the gang of eyebrowed-dinosaurs show up to eat them.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I think this actually isn't a Star Wars picture but a group of fighter jets I invented myself, probably inspired by Battle of the Planets (G-Force). The one on the far right is supposed to have tiger stripes, that I know for sure. And I think that's a ramp coming down from it, so it must deploy things.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Finally, here's a happy stegosaurus. Also, from this drawing you can see that even back then I really, really liked tacos.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: