Friday, November 25, 2011

Best Festive Thick of It

Thanksgiving morning I headed up to Times Square to catch a movie with Jeff and Chaunte.  I had this suspicion that I would be walking right into the parade . . .


And I suspected correctly.  And I'll be honest, it was impressive and exciting to see those balloons floating down the street like I had on TV so many times as a kid.


Everyone!  Turn around!  Sonic is RIGHT BEHIND YOU! (the true story: seems 7th Ave is where they take the balloons that have completed their journey to deflate)


People love the parade so much they'll watch it from two blocks away.


Enterprising New Yorker selling some shopping cart-grilled pretzels.


Lots n lots of kids on shoulders.




"I love your coat!" "I love YOUR coat!"


Explaining balloons to his pop.


The theater was off 8th on 42nd, all of 42nd was closed off.  Unless you were going to a movie.  Hey Kung-Fu Panda!


Movie pals.  We saw Hugo.



After the show they hadn't let traffic back onto 42nd yet.  Everyone wanted their picture taken in the abandoned street.


Including me.


Around the corner 7th was even emptier.  End of the world empty.  Except for all the survivors.


Seems they had to take down streetlights for the balloons to fit.




It was a bright, squinty day.

No comments: