Monday, November 28, 2011

Best Additional Thanksgiving Happenings

Thanksgiving time wasn't just about balloons and parades.  I also had Thanksgiving.   In Newark.  With Cher and her flight attendant coworkers/friends.  I went there with Jeff.  Right there on the right is Dayna.


There's Cher!  Right back from working in Japan and falling in love with their fizzy fruit nectar.


Dee and her boyfriend were there, too.  But I only got a picture of him.  He whacked me with a pillow.


I misunderstood Cher and thought we were just having cold cuts for dinner.  Nope!  Proper Thanksgiving dinner!


Not being one to show up emptyhanded I grabbed a 20 piece on my way over.  Did I wind up having McDonalds three nights in a row during Thanksgiving time?  May have.  Did I almost have it a fourth time?  Possibly.


They were no match for Cher's paos de queijo, though.


It seems like all of Thanksgiving weekend is called Black Friday now.  On one of those Black Fridays or the other I made returns, not purchases.  But I can't decide if I'm going to keep these shoes or return them.  They look so good in the box, but when I wear them I feel like Jerry Seinfeld.


On Saturday I finally almost totally organized our kitchen and went cooking crazy.


Look at this genius set up!  I put my computer up there so I could watch the new Woody Allen documentary from PBS while I did all my work.


I cooked a pot of chili and a pot of red sauce simultaneously.  Because they're both delicious and they both require four hours of simmering.


Then on Sunday I made a proper Sunday dinner (lunch) of sorts for Derrin and Diane.  Only took us three months to sit down to supper together.


I roasted these carrots, too.  I wanted to have more vegetables than this but I couldn't find any satisfactory cauliflowers the night before.


And now that Christmas time is in full swing in Little Italy the Christmas lights shaped into a Christmas tree that are outside my window year round are finally lit up at night!


Probably better if I show it to you from the outside.

4 comments:

Dad said...

I think I want some red sauce for Christmas. It looks delicious!

Side of Jeffrey said...

Did you learn anything awesome about Woody A other than he's messed up?

Brigham said...

I super recommend the Woody doc. I only watched the first episode (of two) but it's really interesting to learn about his youth and early successes. I know, not a juicy review, but if you've got the slightest interest in him, the doc is great.

The House That Lars Built said...

Cher and I are reviewing Thanksgiving at her place and I must say that we are thoroughly impressed with your contributions. 20 piecers--well done. And we're thinking that all of you guys should come over to visit. How about that?