Friday, July 02, 2010

Best Nature is Wonderful

Sorry, no picture, but:

On Sunday I saw a pigeon fall out of the sky. I was walking out of central park by the Tavern on the Green parking lot when I watched a pigeon gliding in for a landing across the parking lot. It banked, fluttered wildly once, and then dropped straight to the ground like it had hit an invisible wall (there were no invisible walls in the parking lot, or at least none that I could see). It just laid there for a bit, so I wondered if it had died midair, but then it stood up and walked off humiliated. It was a lot like watching a grownup crash their bicycle. I couldn't shut up about it for the rest of the night.

Well, that's all I've got. Have a nice Fourth of July weekend.

1 comment:

Dad said...

Reminds me of the Japanese proverb: Even monkeys fall from trees. Even pigeons fall from sky.