Thursday, February 08, 2007

Best Movie that Could Have Been Better

Yesterday I saw a movie called In The Pit. It was a documentary about construction workers in Mexico City working on a bridge being built across the city. Having lived in Mexico City, I really liked the sound of this movie, I could really imagine the sorts of fellows that might be working on this bridge. One could make a really excellent movie about Mexico City construction workers. Too bad that In the Pit was only a decent movie about Mexico City construction workers. I think what I most wanted from this film was to be bombarded with things that reminded me of living in Mexico City and the people there, and for some reason this movie just didn't have a lot of that. Which seems impossible. As it was a movie about Mexicans. Working in Mexico City. If you wanted to see it in the theater, I'd tell you not to waste your time. If it were going to be on PBS, I'd tell you not to miss it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Brigham,

Totally unrelated to your current post... but didn't you predict this several months ago?

http://pitchforkmedia.com/article/feature/40676/The_Month_In_The_Month_In_Techno