Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Best Gathering Number Five

Somehow the gatherings of the 12th Street Guitar Hero Fanciers' Association just keep getting better and better. Last night's meeting got off to a good start when a batch of new members from the Upper East Side, lead by Jill and Jen, stopped by. (But this isn't Jen or Jill, it's Mary)


And it didn't hurt that Morgan brought a change of clothes for this his second appearance. (and playing with Morgan, that's Emily)


Jen learns the hard way that maybe there's a few differences between being great at the guitar and good at Guitar Hero.


The crowd thickened as the evening went on.


Genevieve was our "Hero of the Night" for she made the difficult journey to borrow us a second guitar as some defects (soon to be remedied) have emerged in my own second axe.


An important sideline occurence: Collin's rampant celebrity connections have begun to pay off for the rest of us as he made it to the meeting with treats from craft services and a copy of CQ autographed by Roman Coppola (the director of the film) for Jeff.


Meanwhile, Liesel made her long-awaited return.


And shortly after Liesel left, Sister Erin made her own long-awaited return as Don made his long-awaited debut.


Throughout the evening, Collin supplemented the musical performances with dance, as can be seen in this video.


Kim and Pam continue to be vital members of the Association.


Jeff and Don brought rockstar roommate moves



Which inspired me to bring my rockstar antics to a whole new level


(get it? get it? "Whole new level"?)

Another debut: Gabe was in the house!


Emily and Collin hold it down.


A major highlight of the evening: The Don-a-Thon, which answered, musically, the age old question of "what happens when two Dons come together to rock out?"


As my fellow Fanciers demanded it, I made my first attempt at playing Freebird on Hard Mode last night. It was all going well (thanks to incredible support from the rest of the association) until I was booed off stage (by the game) during the final guitar solos of the song. Charged full of energy and determination from my defeat, I made a brilliant, dare I say ferocious comeback by tearing through the song on Medium to these results:


I missed my highest point score because I accidentally activated my star power which I had been saving for a 23 chord stretch that I can nail like nobodies' business, but I'm pretty happy with my longest ever streak (465) and highest ever percentage.

In short: Guitar Hero Night. Amazing every time. Please come and join us some time.

3 comments:

niall said...

Aw man, that game looks so good I'm tempted to get on a plane right now, only I'd have to get Mitch out of jail first...

Side of Jeffrey said...

I feel like Collin has been taking taibo classes with those amazing punch moves.

Anonymous said...

Uhh..that 97% is amazing. You never cease to impress with you many talents. It's been awhile...hope you are doing great.