Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Best Lazy Photo Weekend

Let me begin the summation of my weekend with a question: If it's a Saturday, and you're having the first meal of your day around 1pm, and you go out for Vietnamese food in China Town with your friends, and you eat a chopped up beef salad, is this still classifiable as "brunch"?

The Vietnamese restaurant in China Town had pictures of the food on the tables . . . "Waiter, give me . . . THIS!"

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Sometimes a meal will end and several diners will have left and I'll suddenly think: "Wait, pictures. I need to take pictures." And then I'll take some half-hearted candid photos. Like this one . . .
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Wait . . . are those the NYC Bros back from Kentucky?

Or this one . . .
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Here is my plate after I ate. Please note the Vietnamese chili pepper stems sticking up like catfish whiskers. That's cuz I'm always trying to show off how hardcore I am about spicy food situations. It's how I made friends in Mexico.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Walking to school I passed Japan Home Centre (One Price All).

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Then that night I headed deep into Brooklyn with a band of Oak Parkers for Adventure.

Someone in Bushwick is looking for a roommate . . . a Lady roommate.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

We dinnered, and when desserts came out, so did my camera . . . but only lazily. Here Hannah enjoys chocolate pudding as if it were hot chocolate.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I now must make a confession. I met an Oak Parker Saturday that knew my sister and my sister's friend Sue, and I learned her name . . . but right now I can only spell her name as a phonetic approximation, so until it is spelled for me, I shall refer to her as "S.K.S." (which is short for "She Knows Sue.") Updated Siobhan! Her names is "Siobhan."

S.K.S. Siobhan and Penelope (not an Oak Parker) dug the banana cream pie . . .

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

. . . so much that I couldn't keep them from blurring.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

When we got back on the subway my camera fell into the hands of others. If I knew about photoshop, maybe I could combine these next two photos into one single photo where everyone looks their best

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I suppose I'll take one for the team and call this a good looking photo of the bunch of us.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Camera appropriation continued . . .

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I've never known Pete to be too willing to be photographed

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Then, in Williamsburg, we ate MORE!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

And saw the Fiery Furnaces from the side of the back of North Six. (In case you missed me mentioning it before, Matt and Eleanor of the Fiery Furnaces are Oak Park River Forest High School Grads, so it was important for us to be the people in the corner yelling "Oak Park!!" at the end of the set. But no reunions were had.)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Sunday night I went to Brooklyn again for a big Lebanese dinner cooked by Sariah. This is the delicious food that she cooked. But as I was having a Lazy Photo Weekend (and I'm not always so clicky amongst groups of brand new friends) I haven't any photos of Sariah, Orson, Karisa, Jamie, Nas, Liz, Aubrie, Thomas, Allison, and myself eating and talking . . . but believe me, we ate and talked and it was great.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What restaurants did you eat at? I need to know.